How we helped an international consumer health company to optimize their marketing processes by installing a global-local structure
Wednesday 13th of September 2023
A private equity-owned food supplement company active in 3 continents: Europe, North America & Asia-Pacific
Our client wanted to accelerate on its marketing performance (99 marketing FTE’s in 3 continents) by installing a global marketing team to gain efficiencies, create synergies and promote a more channel, customer-centric and data-driven approach. They gave a mandate to Customer Collective Health to deep dive into the structure of the marketing teams across the local regions, propose a new global structure and implement a new way of working between global & local teams via processes and tools.
With a team of consultants from The House of Marketing, we approached this exercise in 4 steps:
Defining the TO BE vision and ambition and a capability framework
Understanding the AS IS situation through qualitative interviews, online survey, digital maturity audit
Develop blueprints for each teams with detailed job descriptions and number of FTE’s
Develop tools for implementation including mapping of processes and creation of templates
New organizational structure with the installation of a global marketing team:
- Diagnostic of the current situation via interviews of 30+ stakeholders in the different local teams, internal survey and digital maturity scan.
- Clear alignment on the vision, ambition & KPI’s for the marketing team
- Overview of strategic capabilities that are needed for this ambition
- Blueprint of the new marketing organization including detailed org chart with roles, number of FTEs, clearly defined job descriptions and casting of the right profiles
- Overview of main processes to be tackled (crucial areas of collaboration between the global and local teams)
We also worked on the implementation:
- Mapping of key processes in the global-local collaboration
- Development of tools and templates to support the new way-of-working
- Facilitate internal communication and change management
Curious to know more on how you could future-proof your marketing team? Then reach out to have a coffee with us.